Pages

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Mission Tour & Devotional

This week has been amazing!!! We started off the week with a mission tour from Elder Nielsen of the quorum of the 70! It was amazing. He talked about the atonement and he explained it so simply and so easy to understand that I feel more confident talking about it with my investigators. Another thing he talked about was prayer; more specifically, how the apostles pray. He told us that when the apostles pray in public they keep it very short. They want us to pray what's really in our hearts and it shouldn't be about trying to have a long prayer so people think you are good at praying. He also told us about how apostles send missionaries to missions and how they don't assign us to our mission but they assign us to our mission president so that was kinda cool!

The members here are just killing it!!! We have been fed everyday this month so far and we have so many sweets and cards its crazy!!!! I don't know how we are going to eat it all!!! Yesterday we had 2 dinners! I don't know how I ate all that food haha. After the first dinner I was full haha!!

Janette is doing a lot better. She is having us over for Christmas dinner and on her birthday!! She still has a lot of questions but it's OK. We are still working on her! Yesterday we added a guy named Flavio. He went to the temple to see the lights and meet some missionaries. He is from Italy and his girlfriend is a member and is from Mexico so teaching them will be interesting because English is their second language! 

Yesterday we had our missionary devotional! It's the only time the whole mission is together so I got to see Elder Nielsen again and I saw Sister Stewart who was the sister missionary that I came out with! There were a lot of people singing and scriptures and stuff and afterwards President Schmitt gave a special blessing over the mission. It was just extremely powerful and I could feel the spirit so strong. I know he has been called by God to guide this mission!

Elder LaRochelle, Elder Salmond, & Sister Stewart
I can't believe its already been 5 months since I left. These past 5 months have gone by crazy fast. I'm kinda scared to see how fast the rest of my mission goes by!

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!!! I know I will!!! 

Love,
 
Elder Chris LaRochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment