Pages

Monday, June 29, 2015

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

From Tuesday, June 23, 2015 ...

This week was pretty good. We had our good days and bad days but all in all it was pretty good. I have lost 35 lbs now - 12 lbs since I have gotten to Bostonia! Walking areas aren't fun but it is sure helping me lose some weight haha. Especially since El Cajon gets pretty hot in the summer. It's the second hottest area in the mission. The hottest area is out in the Imperial Valley, it's actually the hottest area for a missionary to serve in the month of July! Thank goodness I'm not there! It gets so hot there that they have to studies in the middle of the day just to get out of heat when the sun comes out!

On Wednesday we had a really good day. We did a lot of service. It was in the 90s or low 100s that day so it was really good to just do service. That night though, we had a really good lesson with the Bietlers. Sister Beitler is less active and her husband is a nonmember and he has been reading and praying to know if the church is true. He loves coming to church. We taught him the word of wisdom this week and he was asking a lot of questions about what we could or couldn't do and he said the reason he was asking so many questions was because he wanted to make sure he wasn't going to do anything he wasn't supposed to which was really cool. He and his family are so awesome.

On Friday I went on exchanges with a missionary that goes home in July but it was a really good exchange. He isn't the most obedient missionary but he is super diligent and hard working. We did a lot of service that day too. We did some yard work and I got a huge blister on my hand haha. That's what I get for having city boy hands :P. We talked that night for awhile and got to bed late so I was super tired the next day.

Sunday was pretty good. It was hard to get investigators to church but it's all good we still had some there. We had dinner with some members that just moved into the ward and they are pretty stoked to do missionary work so we taught them the restoration so that they could teach their neighbor which is pretty cool.

Yesterday we had a pretty awesome day. We were able to teach 5 lessons which doesn't happen that often since we are walking but it was good! We were able to teach this member how to talk to someone about tithing because her friend wanted to know about tithing so that was pretty
cool. It's cool to see members getting excited to share the gospel here!

I hit my 11 month mark this week! I thought that was pretty crazy! I doesn't feel like I have been out for almost a year! Time flies when you're having fun! :)

Love
-Elder Chris LaRochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment