Pages

Monday, September 28, 2015

Cutting Your Own Hair - Bad Idea (No Pictures)

This past week has been pretty busy. Elder Callahan and I are doing alright. I'm probably getting transferred next week so I'm just getting Elder Callahan ready to take over the area. This past week Elder Callahan had what's called "senior week". It's when he takes over the area for the week, he takes lead in all teaching and planning activities. It went alright, some trainers take this pretty seriously and act like they don't know anything. I didn't do that, Elder Callahan did alright though. It was a good experience to see what he is good at and what he needs to improve on.

Tuesday we stopped by a less active's house to see if he was home and he wasn't but on our way out we talked to this guy that was moving and we asked if he needed any help. He said that we could come by on Wednesday to help them clean up after everything is moved out. So the next day we show up and he isn't there and we are waiting and waiting and still no one shows up and we end up asking this girl if she knows when he is coming back and she told us that she didn't. While we were talking to her I saw that she had Utah license plates so I asked if she was a member of the church and she told us that she is a member which was cool so we got her information and are going to try to meet with her and her husband sometime. The guy we were going to help never showed up though which stinks but it's alright.

That night the zone leaders asked if I would help them give interviews for a family from the other district. The family that needed an interview are from the Spanish branch. Luckily the guy I interviewed knew a lot of English and I didn't need an interpreter. The guy I interviewed was pretty amazing though. I sat down with him and just asked him a couple questions to get to know him a little and he just opened up to me and started telling me all about his back story and how he got caught up in all this bad stuff. He told me about how he made the decision to change. He said that one day he was at a party at his house and his ex wife called and told him that he needed to watch their kid and so he kicked everyone out and when his son came over he just broke down and realized that he needed to change. A couple months after that he met the missionaries and now he has a desire to help other people that are struggling with the same kind of problems. It was probably the coolest interview I have done on my mission.

Thursday we did service for the Stewart's. We are making a retention walls for them. Apparently we have a huge rain storm coming and they have a lot of areas in there backyard where the dirt is washing away so we are using a jackhammer and destroying slopes and putting up walls. We have helped them a couple times before and we used to take turns using the jackhammer, but the thing weighs like 80 and people have a hard time carrying it around so now I use it pretty much the
whole time which is alright I guess.

Later that day we were riding our bikes and these 3 kids stop us and start asking us questions about church and everything which is really cool. Then this guy pulls over and starts yelling at us and the kids about how our church isn't true and everything. The kids just walk away and this guy just keeps going and going and going haha and Elder Callahan and I were getting kinda frustrated and just wanted to leave.

On Friday I went on exchanges with Elder Conrad. He is a trainee in Lakeside. It was a pretty good day though. Elder Conrad;s comp goes home at the end of the transfer and he has only been in the mission for 6 weeks now. We also had d meet that day. I asked Elder Schmidt to teach since he goes home in a week so it was good. Saturday morning was kinda crazy. We were supposed to exchange back at 12. But Elder Callahan and Elder Schmidt were stuck at a service project and each of us had an appointment at 1 pm so Elder Conrad and I had to double cover for an hour or two which was kinda crazy.

So for the past couple of months I have been giving myself my own haircuts and I have given other people some haircuts as well. So last night I gave Elder Callahan a hair cut and then I gave myself a hair cut. I was finishing up and I was going to go over the top with again with an 8 and I forgot to take the 2 out before I started so now my whole head is a 2. I found out that I don't look good with a buzz cut haha XD. It kinda stinks but it's all good. It will grow back.

Well love you all hope to hear from you soon!

-Elder LaRochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment