Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Trio

Hey Everyone!

Transfers were today and Elder Searle and I both stayed but... We were also joined by Elder Kap! Elder Shurtliff who is a missionary in the zone said that this president putting me in hospice because it's my last transfer haha.


I'm pretty excited about being in a trio though! I have always wanted to be in a trio and it finally happened my last transfer. I'm pretty excited that Elder Searle stayed though he is a good guy and we get along really well.

This past week was pretty good though. Last Tuesday after p day we had a baptism interview for the Tagalog Elders. The guy that got interviewed told the elders that after he was baptized he was going to go start a branch when he goes back to the Philippines. He was a pretty awesome guy.

On Wednesday we had DLC (District Leader Council). It was pretty good. When I was a district leader I had some DLC's that were mostly business where they talked about how missionaries are doing and what not. Elder Searle and I try and make it a more spiritual meeting that helps lift the faith of the district leaders. We were lucky to have really good district leaders last transfer, one of them used to be a zone leader and the other just became a zone leader.

Friday we had Zone Meeting. It actually went really well. I can't believe I only have one more Zone Meeting on my mission. Crazy. After that we drove another set of missionaries down to Spring Valley to pick up there car that was in the shop. Thursday and Friday were actually really slow days. Slow days are hard days but we are working hard to change that.

Sunday as a zone we fasted that each companionship in the zone could add 5 new investigators this week. Later that night we were walking through an apartment complex and we talked to a guy named Cheyanne and he told us that he wasn't very religious and  I felt the spirit tell me to ask why so I asked him why he wasn't religious and he told us because he had been through a lot of tough trials and God didn't help him so he came to the conclusion that God didn't exist. We testified to him boldly that God lived and that He had a plan for him. We gave him a plan of salvation pamphlet and I made him give me his word that he would read it and pray about and then text us by Sunday. He agreed and took it. It was an amazing lesson and I felt the spirit very strong

And yesterday we saw lots of miracles to add to that. We stopped by a former investigator named Monica and she said that she really enjoys us coming over and sharing messages with her. She pretty much bore her testimony and told us she felt the Holy Ghost so that was awesome! Right after that we tried some new move in referrals that we got from a ward missionary that's a real estate agent. We tried the new move in but he wasn't interested so we knocked on some doors around the house and met an awesome family from Texas that are really good friends with a less active family in the Ward.

Right after that a member texted us and asked if we could help move some couches for him. So we went over to his place and we took his old couch out and as we were taking it out he asked if we had a couch and we told him that we didn't so he just gave it to us haha it was pretty awesome. After that we went to another family in Ward and picked up two of their couches that they were giving to this other family haha.

During that service a former investigator texted us and asked if we could stop by and when we stopped by she was having a hard time and the reason we dropped her before that was because she wasn't keeping commitments so we testified and promised her in the name of Jesus Christ that if she followed Christ and kept his commandments that she would be blessed and strengthened. It was a really powerful lesson.

I think that's it for this week! Love you all!

Elder LaRochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment