Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Family History and The Beatles

From 2/17/2015

This week has been great! Elder Arney made me a workout plan which is pretty sweet! He also made himself a workout and its pretty crazy! He does upside-down pull-ups. It's pretty gross haha just kidding XD.

This week we helped a lot of people do family history! On the 24th the youth are going to do baptisms for the dead and we can go now if our recent converts have names from their family history. We were doing family history with Peter and we added his grandfather and dad and it went back like forever and all the work was already done. It was pretty hard but it was pretty funny. When we got there Elder Arney jumps on the computer and starts helping him so I was just like oh ok I guess he's got it. Then like 2 hours later Peter and Elder Arney are both frustrated with each other and they can't find anymore and then Elder Arney asked if I wanted to take a look at it. Then like 5 minutes later I found him a name to take. It was pretty funny haha! Peter was like we could have been out of here in 5 minutes if you would have just done it haha XD. 

On Thursday we go over to the Torez Families house and Laura (the mom) has a lot of scary posters all over the wall. She also had this Beatles poster and she told us that she wanted to take them all down so she could put more uplifting pictures up. I asked her if she wanted to the Beatles poster down too and she looked at me and was like "Why? Do you want it?" and I was like ..... yeah... but it's yours. Elder Arney was like don't give it to him haha. But she took it down and said Here. Take it. I don't want it haha. So I have a Beatles picture above my desk now haha XD.
 

So on Friday I started my no sugar and no soda and working out and everything thing and that night we get 4 dinners. It was crazy! And on Sunday they brought cake and brownies. That never happens haha! As soon as I stop eating sugar people start doing things like this haha. Elder Arney was like hey you should stop eating sugar more often haha.

Also on Sunday we had a Mission President's Fireside and it was sweet! We sang in the choir and they had some people talk about their conversion stories. They showed some videos and President Schmitt spoke. It was really cool!

I think that's it for this week! Hope you are all doing well! Love you. The church is true! BYE!

Love,
Elder LaRochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment