Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Nerf Guns, Flip-Flops, New Companion, New District Leader, and Pinewood Derby

So there haven't been any updates to the blog for the past 2 weeks mostly because I've been swamped and also because Elder L. didn't really provide his usual public email. I will give the highlights, though, then follow with the email we received today.  Bob L.

From March 10

  • Elder Jennings (zone leader) went home which delayed Charlotte's baptism.
  • Witnessed a drug deal.
  • Got shot with nerf guns.
  • Wrestling champions.
 

  • Met with Jamey: Jamey is like 50 years old and has tattoos and  went on some tours for skateboarding and then he came back to church and teaches in Elder's Quorum now. He has an amazing story of how he left that life behind after his son went on his mission and he couldn't go to the temple with him because he wasn't worthy. It hit him pretty hard so he decided to quit his job for Skull-candy and now he works at 7-11 and couldn't be more happier with his family.

From March 17

  • Elder Arney goes home for health issues.

Seeing Elder Arney Off at the Airport
  • Charlotte gets baptized.

  • Elder L. gets a new companion - Elder Kiser.  Turns out his companion left rather suddenly as well. Apparently without telling anyone.  I hate it when that happens.


Today's Email - March 27

This week has been pretty long! When Elder Arney left we didn't have too many people we were working with, but this week we added like 7 people so we are slowly building our teaching pool back up. Elder Kiser is a really hard worker. We have a lot in common. We are both terrified of going bald and we both love Nordstrom Rack. So this Pday is going to be sick! This week I don't have to go play sports, or watch my companion play sports haha. 
So my toe got pretty bad this week. I had a podiatrist look at it a month ago and he took my in-growns out.  Then the nail got super loose so I just pulled the nail out. Now its infected haha. So the Podiatrist's wife brought me some antibiotics. She came from Elder Kisers old area so Elder Kiser asked if she could stop at his old apartment to get his back stretcher that he has haha. So we meet her at the parking lot and she pulls up in a Convertible with his stupid back stretcher hanging out of it haha. She told me that I shouldn't be wearing shoes for a while and Sister Schmitt agreed (mission president's wife is a doctor) so I'm rolling in flip-flops right now. Elder Kiser has a lot of stuff. I don't even know how he got a back stretcher but its in our tiny apartment now and takes up a lot of space haha XD. 

So since Elder Arney left my District had been without a District leader and we had district meeting coming up on Friday morning. It was Thursday night and we still didn't know and then at like 10:15 President calls and told us that I'm the new district leader! That didn't give me too much time to plan for district meeting but it still went pretty well! 

On Saturday night we had the Pinewood Derby/Chili Cook-off in our ward. We ended up judging the Pinewood Derby and it turned out to be the most dramatic thing ever. Friends were made and lost and tears were shed. It was too much to handle. It took me back to when I was a Cub Scout and freaked out because I got a trophy that said "Most Unusual Car" haha. It was pretty crazy.

Today Elder Kiser and I went shopping because this is the first time on our missions we have had a companion that wanted to go shopping too. It was the best/worst idea ever. We are both broke now. haha XD

No comments:

Post a Comment