Pages

Friday, April 10, 2015

21 Dogs & Stuff

FROM MARCH 31 ....
 
Dang this week has been pretty sweet!
 
Last Wednesday I went on my first exchange as a district leader with one of my zone leaders! It was pretty good. At first I didn't want to be a district leader but now that I am one I like that I get to know missionaries a lot better and stuff.
 
On Friday I had my second district meeting as district leader and it went pretty well. Elder Kiser is a funny kid but super distracting during district meeting haha but its all good he means well. I taught on the Christ like attributes and we talked about the "Because He Lives" video.
 
On Sunday we had to do a presentation for "Because He Lives" to the ward. It was pretty sweet! Right after that we taught Elders Quorum it went pretty well. The Elders Quorum here is amazing! After that we went to the Mission Presidents Fireside and sang in the choir. It was super hot. We were all dying of heat haha. Elder Kiser plays the violin at most of the Mission President firesides but he didnt play at this last one.
 
Yesterday was a pretty interesting day to say the least. We went with our assistant ward mission leader to go talk to Laura and see if we can get her and her family coming back to church and it went ok. She didnt seem very happy to see Elder Kiser instead of Elder Arney but it went alright. We are slowly softening her heart.
 
Then we decided we would go and visit a less active in the ward. On the way to her house we walked past a guy named Steve. So we went up and talked to him and he has a serious smoking problem. He had tobacco all over his chest from his pipe and his gums were all black and stuff. It was pretty gross but he is a pretty nice guy we will see if he is willing to change. When got to her house her grandson let us in and we come in and see this older lady sitting on a couch surrounded by dogs. When the dogs see us they just come running over to us and they were all barking and stuff. It was nuts. We ask her if we can sit down and talk and she tells us of course just let me get you a towel to sit on so she puts some towels down on her couch and I immediately get swarmed with dogs so I get up pretty quick and look around for Elder Kiser and I cant see him because there are dogs all over him. He is finally able to get up and we ask her if we can meet outside. We ended up having a nice conversation with her and she told us that she has 21 dogs, 10 cats, 5 ducks, 5 chickens, birds and more. It was pretty gross. I wasn't a big fan of that place. After that we went over bishops house and had a good time haha :P
 
We went shopping again this week haha. Elder Kiser had to return some things and I bought some shoes and sweater last week and some socks this week haha.
 
Elder Kiser and I are getting along great though. We work really well together and have high goals for ourselves for this area. Since we have been companions we have added 10 investigators and doubled our lessons we are teaching. We are on fire and we dont plan on slowing down.
 
Well I love you all and hope I hear from you soon. :)
 
Love
Elder LaRochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment