Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2016

The Cat That Almost Got Away

From 1/12/2016...

Hey everyone I don't have to much time this week so I will give you some quick highlights of my week

1. Yesterday Elder Barnes and I went to go see a former investigator and when the old lady opened the door her cat got out. So we spent half an hour trying to catch this cat that climbed on the roof.

2. Yesterday I had an interview with my mission president we have an opportunity to meet with him once a quarter so that was pretty sweet. In the middle of my interview he got a phone call and he asked me to step out into the hallway because he was on the phone with Bruce R Mckonkie's son from the mission department.

3. This week we got a ton of rain! At one point there was a tornado warning.

4. We drove around on the reservation trying to find people but as one guy told us "house numbers don't mean anything out here." So it was kinda difficult but it's all good.

5. We did service for this nonmember this week that was pretty crazy. We went into his back yard and he just had walls and walls of Sand bags to keep the rain and debris from the rain. The walls went back like 400 yards. At the end of the walls of sand bags there was a like a 35 ft cliff up into the mountain. The guy told us that when it rains the cliff turns into a waterfall. Pretty crazy. He also had to dig like 5 foot holes in between his walls to catch all the debris. We are going over tomorrow so I will take a picture then.

This week has had its ups and downs but this week I felt the spirit guiding me so much. I know God answers our prayers we just have to pay attention because a lot of times He doesn't answer them the  way we think.

Love you all,
Elder Chris LaRochelle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment