Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Elder L. Does Yoga?

This Past week has been pretty normal. Me and Nielsen are getting along great we are both from out East so we have a lot we agree on!! He says I'm his funniest companion so far haha. I don't know how difficult the competition is but I'll take it haha!

This week was pretty good. I'm defiantly getting used to being a missionary and what I have to do to be more successful!! Me and Elder Nielsen are working on being more bold with invitations and working on being 100% obedient. I'm getting to the point where I'm finally getting to know our investigators more and really loving them and the work!

We taught Richard again and he is accepting the gospel wonderfully and loves to tell us stories about his life. If it was up to him he would tell us stories all day long haha! His only concern is that he doesn't feel like he is ready to go to church. It made me sad and I tried to convince him that he is ready, but he said that he was going to come when he feels ready so we just had to accept his answer.

We also met with Aaron again, he had a lot of concerns about the church. He read a lot of anti on the internet but thankfully me and Elder Nielsen were able to clear up his concerns. Elder Nielsen gets a little feisty in those kind of meetings but he stayed calm and we were able to keep the spirit with us while we taught him the truth.

Every week we meet up with a recent convert named David and he is AWESOME!! He loves to read and just recently discovered the library at church but he is super interested in learning more deeper stuff. Every time we meet he tells us about how he does yoga and gave us some exercises to do haha. We will see how that goes...

Yesterday we taught Dunia who is an awesome member referal! We have taught her twice so far and she has been to church once. Yesterday we invited her to baptized and she said yes. Her Baptism is set for October 11, just 9 days before my birthday. We are also trying to get one for the 18th! That would be an awesome birthday present haha!

I am loving California. The weather is amazing everyday!!! I love teaching downtown and the people in San Diego!

Last night we ate at a members house and they had a golden doodle that reminded me so much of Dexter haha. The ward I'm in is pretty awesome but also pretty small but there are some really supportive members and our ward mission leader is amazing!

Me and Elder Nielsen are also giving up sugar, soda and fast food. I guess California is rubbing off on me haha!

Well I love you all and pray for you all daily! I'm so thankful for the Atonement and know this church is true!!!!!!!

Love,

Elder LaRochelle

P.S. Don't forget to write/email me! I want to hear how you all are doing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment