Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

M.T.E.'s (see below)

So most of my week was pretty normal.

Elder Nielson and I are getting along great. We have lots of fun but we are both focused on what's important.

Friday we had M.T.E.'s (Missionary Training Exchanges). It's when a couple of zones get together and the zone leaders and assistants go out with other missionaries and coach them. Our coach was President Schmitt! I was crazy nervous to teach in front of him - haha - but it was an amazing day!

We started off contacting a potential investigator named Aaron who only wanted a Bible but last time we visited him we gave him a Bible and a Book of Mormon. When we talked to him Friday he didn't really want to talk to us at all but President bore testimony that the message we had to share was going to change his life so he decided to meet with us at a nearby park. At the end of the lesson Aaron offered a prayer and was touched by the spirit so deeply that he was crying uncontrollably. It has been one of the coolest experiences that I have had, It was amazing to see the hand of Lord in our work!!

Later in the day we taught Joseph who is a previous minister. He is pretty hard to teach because he doesn't believe in praying or in faith and he asked us really hard questions but we are going to keep trying to teach him.

After that we taught Richard. We taught the Plan of Salvation and he accepted it wonderfully. At the end of the lesson I asked him if he would be baptized and he said yes!!!!!!! It's awesome and I know it's not by chance that he was put in our path. I'm never going to forget Richard, the first person I asked to be baptized.

Friday was a day of miracles and I'm so glad President was with us.  I know this Church is true!

Love you all and keeping you in my prayers :).

Elder LaRochelle

2 comments: