Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Senior Week

Hello everyone!!!

This week has been so amazing!!! Its crazy to think that in a couple days it will be my 3 month mark! Time has just flown by and I can't believe that I'm almost done with my second transfer!

So like I said last week, this past week was my "senior week" so I was in charge of everything and it was pretty stressful haha. Last Tuesday after emails I had 4 appointments set up and they all cancelled so I had to come up with things to do so we weren't just sitting at home doing nothing haha!

On Friday I went on exchanges with Elder Petersen and we went to his area which is a walking area. We had a pretty good day set up. We actually spent most of the day at the church because we had a teaching appointment there with one of there investigators that is getting baptized next week. It was a really good teaching appointment. Elder Petersen is a way good teacher. I learned a lot and we get along really well!

Elder LaRochelle & Elder Petersen

After the teaching appointment we stayed at the church for a baptism and Elder Petersen actually baptized and confirmed one of the kids that was getting baptized. After that we had a less active named Scott take us out to dinner. Scott is a way cool guy and we quickly became friends especially when we found out that we both like cars. After dinner we got talking and he really opened up to me and talked about his drinking problem and how it ruined his kids. It was really sad because he still has a drinking and smoking problem and he knows he has to stop but he just can't. His son is actually in prison and his daughter just totaled her car from drunk driving. It was really sad. I was able to talk to him about repentance and I bore testimony to him about the power of repentance and how it's a blessing in our lives. I told him that his Heavenly Father loved him and the spirit was so strong. It's one of the best lessons I have had on my mission so far! It's one of the best exchanges I have had as well. The only bad part is that I was in a suit all day haha!

Yesterday was a really good day. After studies we went downtown in little Italy and got some lunch and it was way good. Then we went to Golden Spoon and the people that work there know us pretty well so Elder Nielsen told them that it was my birthday haha. They asked us what we did for my birthday and we were able to talk about what we do as missionaries and we actually had a really conversation with one of the employees. Later that day we went out with Brother Humiston, a member of our bishopric. He is a retired psychiatrist and helped our less active who is trying to quit smoking. After our lesson we dropped him off and we started talking to one of his friends that was over and she had some concerns about the Book of Mormon. Me and Elder Nielsen actually didn't say a lot because brother Humiston talks a lot haha. But I felt the spirit so strong that I just had to bare my testimony to her. I actually interrupted brother Humiston and bore my testimony to her and it actually touched her and she put her concerns aside and said that she would try and read the Book of Mormon again

Peter is still doing awesome. We downloaded the Gospel Library app on his phone and he loves wandering around on it. He is getting really comfortable at church. We taught him the Word of Wisdom this week and it went surprisingly well haha. The only thing he does wrong is drink coffee and he said he could stop drinking it.

Well I hope everything is going well. I love you all so much and I'm so thankful for all your support.

Love,

Elder LaRochelle

1 comment: