Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Transfers And A Baptism

So We just got a call from our zone leaders and Elder Nielsen is getting transferred out of San Diego 1st ward. I'm honestly going to miss him. He taught me so much but I'm so ready to take over my area and I'm pretty nervous and excited to get my new companion tomorrow.

So this week was pretty cool. On Thursday we went to the Mormon Battalion and taught a referral, Their names are Ivano and Analietta. They are a young couple from Italy that are visiting the U.S. to see if they want to move here. Before they left his dad told him that if they see any Mormons that they should talk to them. We had a really good lesson with them though, their English isn't the best so she had to translate for Ivano a lot but they had a lot of questions and we gave them an Italian Book of Mormon!

Oh yeah. So Peter, our investigator that has a baptism date for November 1st, moved out of our area!!! Luckily we were able to send his stuff to the missionaries in his area and he is still planning on getting baptized this Saturday and he asked me to baptize him!!! I'm pretty nervous and way excited!!!

Once we found out that Peter wasn't going to able to come to our ward we were a little depressed and right before church started we met Chris Gargos. He and his friend have been talking about the Church and he actually has been taking the lessons on the phone from sister missionaries at the MTC. He is pretty cool and is pretty excited to meet with us. When we told him that we meet with people in their homes he was like "I want that!!!". He is a way cool guy and he has a job and a car!!! which is pretty unusual for our investigators haha.

Well things are going amazing here in San Diego. I'm Excited to get my new Companion and see how this next transfer goes! I cant believe I'm already in my third transfer!!!

Elder LaRochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment