Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Burgers, Ribs, Ribeyes, and Sausage (7/5)

Alright. Here's what's going down in San Diego!

Last Tuesday was awesome! Charlotte, one of my converts in Sweetwater, went to the temple for her endowment! Her session started at 7pm and we got permission to go from President Schmitt even though he knew we were going to be a little late getting home.

We got to the temple 20 minutes early and when I tried to use my new temple recommend that president gave me it didn't work because he forgot to activate it. So one of the temple workers had to call president and we ended up missing the session by a minute. But the temple president told us that we could go do initiatories and then afterwords we could go to the celestial room and meet them there after there session. It was so good to see one of my converts in the temple!

Wednesday was awesome! In the morning we did service for a part member family. Afterwards they made us burgers that were super good! Later that night we had dinner with a member and he made us these HUGE Ribeyes. They were so good!

After that we went to an appointment and then we had another dinner with a part member family and they invited Hollie and her two kids who are all non members. We recently started teaching them and they fed us ribs! They were so good I just wish I wasn't full from our first dinner haha.

Then we took the stake president out with us to go see one of our investigators named Mandy and that lesson went great! Mandy is awesome but she has been struggling a lot lately and so we have been helping her.

Friday we had MLC (Missionary Leadership Council). It was my last MLC so president asked me to share my testimony about the Book of Mormon. MLC is always great but it lasts all day. I'm just glad they give us lunch in between haha!


Saturday we had to get ready for some stake meetings and we also met with our Ward mission leaders and also the high counselor over missionary work in the stake. We were supposed to go to the Mormon Battalion with one of our investigators but they cancelled on us.

Sunday Was awesome! In our first 3 hours of church there was a kid that was running past the church building and just decided to come inside and check it out. The first person he meets as he is walking in is our bishop and he comes and gets us and we were able to teach him the restoration with our Ward mission leader at church.

Yesterday (July 4th) was alright. We had to be inside by 6pm. That morning we helped serve food at the Ward breakfast. I was in charge of handing out sausage links. I was supposed to give everyone 1 sausage. Most of the people were fine but some guy kind of freaked out about only getting one sausage. I was like whatever haha it's just sausage, even though I do agree that 1 piece is kind of ridiculous.


Bye for now!
Elder Chris LaRochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment