Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Teaching and Changing Lives (6/28)

Hey Everyone! Hope things are going great! On Sunday I realized that I hit my 23 month mark... Where did the time go! Time has flown by so fast and I have just loved my mission! I have been able to see the gospel bless and change people's lives but most importantly I have seen the gospel change me and it's so wonderful!

This week was slower then last week but still pretty good! Even though a lot of our investigators were out of town we still stayed busy.

Last Tuesday we met with a part member family that missionaries have been working with for a long time! We went on splits and I went with their home teacher who is also the executive secretary. We were going to share a Mormon message with them called the hope of God's light but before we shared the Mormon message I told them to really think about why we were sharing this and how it applies to them. After we shared it with them the husband, who in the past hasn't been really supportive, told us that he needs to take this more seriously, he also said that if he would have been more supportive his wife probably would have been baptized by now. He was like I need to meet with the bishop, who do I call to set up an appointment and the member that was with me rose his hand and was like you gotta talk to me. They scheduled an appointment right there. It was perfect!

On Wednesday we did service in the morning and afterwards I had to go babysit another Elder because he was sick and his companion went out and worked with a member. Then Elder Searle and Elder Kap went and worked in our area. It was kind of a long

On Friday we had Zone Conference with Poway and Ramona Zones. Since Zone Conference was at PQ President asked  one of us to Conduct the meeting. Elder Searle and I did Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who was going to conduct the meeting, I lost haha. It's alright though, president asks a couple missionaries bear their testimonies on their purpose and he also has some missionaries share a short talk on a certain missionary topic. Usually he has missionaries that are going home do it. So he asked me to bear my testimony.


Zone Conference was awesome but during the meeting a member was calling us a lot because her roommate was going through a hard time and she wanted us to come give her a blessing and we felt really bad that we couldn't respond right away. But that night we met with them and her roommate has been going through a lot and has been really struggling. We had the opportunity to testify to her of the love that God had for and then we gave her a blessing. It was a really powerful lesson.

On Sunday we had a primary teacher and a young women's leader ask us on the spot to come and talk to their classes. It was kinda stressful but it actually went really well.

Yesterday I went on exchanges to do Tagalog work. I didn't understand what was going on at all. But I did help them get a potential family up in Ramona. I remembered a member in Ramona that had a Philippino family next door that they were trying to work with. So I talked to the member in a Ramona and set up a time for the Tagalog elders to go talk with them

This week has been good! See ya in 28 days :P


Elder Chris LaRochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment