Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Chris & Chris

This week has been pretty cool. San Diego is still awesome. I don't think I will ever get sick of this weather haha.

Last Thursday me and Elder Nielsen had an amazing experience with Chris (our investigator - not talking in third person haha). He is waiting for First Presidency permission to get baptized and has been waiting for almost a year now. He has a really cool story about how he discovered the church in jail. So we meet with him every week but this week we thought we would just share some Mormon messages with him. We shared a couple with him, "The Savior Wants To Forgive" and "Abide With Me". He was tearing up at the end but he thinks he has to be this tough guy so he changed the topic, but I could feel the spirit so strong in that room and I'm so thankful for the atonement and for our loving Heavenly Father.

Sunday was a really good day. Richard finally made it to church and Elder Nielsen said I did an awesome job introducing him to people and explaining things to him. He had a really good experience and wants to come back but only wants to come every other week for right now :/ .

Yesterday was amazing! we had Zone meeting and my Zone Leaders, Elder New and Elder Cuckow, taught us. The spirit was so strong, and I love what they taught us, they both have amazing testimonies.

Later that day we were street contacting - thats when we just walk around and try and talk to people on the streets. We don't tract houses anymore. The first lady we talked to, Carmen, was pulling some weeds in her garden so we decided to help her. After we finished, she started crying and thanked us so much for helping her and how unusual that is nowadays. She opened up to us very quickly and started talking about her family, especially her kids, and how she is worried about the choices that they are making. I was able to bear my testimony to her and it made her cry even more. Then we said a prayer and gave her the Spanish missionaries info. It sounds like she really wants to learn more!

Me and Elder Nielsen have been talking a lot about families and how lucky we were to grow up with loving parents and amazing siblings. In the first lesson we teach our investigators, we teach them about how the gospel blesses families. I know how true that is and how vital it is to keep families together FOREVER!

Well, I miss you all and love you all and hope you're doing amazing. I pray for you all daily!

Love,

Elder LaRochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment