Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Some Like It Hot!

So this past week has been HOT!!!!!!! Me and Elder Nielsen have been sleeping in our living room to be close to our AC unit.

Other than it being really hot, I had a pretty good week. I went on exchanges again. This time I was back with my MTC companion Elder Salmond. It was my first time going to another area. Elder Salmond is in 4th ward and it's a walking area. It was 104 degrees outside and I got a little burnt, haha, but we had a good day. Got to work on my street contacting some since I'm used to driving to my appointments.

On Thursday we went to a members house with Dunia. We were going to review previous lessons with her but her uncle just died so we were able to help her and give her a blessing. At dinner they had a side with cactus in it. First bite I took I ate a pepper and I guess its called "the Chinese fire pepper". It was probably the hottest thing I have ever eaten. After I ate it I tried to stay cool but ended up freaking out a little haha. Everyone thought it was funny except me because I couldn't taste anything. I drank like half of their gallon of milk! Afterwards the members apologized and said they should have warned me, haha, but it was really good.

Church in San Diego is weird, some of the guys wear ties and some don't. Some wear flip flops and some wear beads. This Sunday was weird because we got a list from the Relief Society to visit some less actives in the ward and they spelled Elder Nielsen's name wrong and they just put "other elder" on my list haha.



I'm pretty sure our Bishop thinks I'm like straight out of France or something haha. At ward council he asked me to say the prayer and right before I said it he was like "in English please" haha. I was like OK I think I can do that haha. After the prayer he said "in case you didn't know, Elder LaRochelle is French" Haha. Kinda weird. But overall the members are way cool and love to help us out.

I finished my first transfer! 16 more to go haha. Im just kidding. Being a missionary is amazing. I love sharing this message and making people happy! I'm not getting transferred, though.  I'm staying with Elder Nielsen in 1st ward!

General Conference is in a few weeks and Elder Nielsen is getting super excited for my first General Conference as a missionary. We are going over to a member's house to watch it. This member actually works with nuclear weapons. It's way cool!!

Anyways, I love you all and I'll keep praying for you guys!!

Love,

Elder LaRochelle

1 comment: