Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Weird Meat

I had the chance to go on 2 exchanges this week. At first I was a little nervous because I had to take over my area but it turned out to be awesome!!

On Wednesday I went on exchanges with Elder Cuckow. He is from Canada and is also my Zone Leader and he's pretty cool. He is an awesome missionary and gave me a lot of advice,

We started the day off a little rough. We got locked out of our apartment for the first hour and half of the day haha. It was kind of stressful but it gave us some time to street contact while we waited for someone to come unlock the door. He gave me some awesome tips on how to better street contact.

Yesterday was awesome. I went on Exchanges with Elder Petersen. He is from Idaho and is training my MTC companion Elder Salmond.

We started off the day by going on a run and we got stopped by a blind security officer at the park named Artie. We started talking to him and he told us he knows a member in our ward. He also told us that he listens to the Book of Mormon everyday!!! He is awesome!

After that we had district meeting which involved role playing which I'm not too fond of but it definitely helps "get the ugly out" as my MTC teacher would say haha.  Me and Elder Petersen get along really well though. He is pretty crazy but an awesome teacher and he is really good about leaving a message with everyone we meet even it's just a scripture.

Elder Petersen definitely taught me to just always smile. People are more likely to want to talk to you if they can see you're happy.

I ate some really weird food this week. Saturday we went to this burger place called Crazee Burger and they serve really weird meat. We have been there a few times and I have tried ostrich, kangaroo, and alligator. It's all been pretty good.

Yesterday we went to a burrito place in San Diego and they have these burritos called California Burrito. It's just carne asada, fries, sour cream, cheese, and lettuce, but they are so good. This burrito place also has burritos that are like 2 feet long. They are HUGE and soooo good.

My companion told me the first week I was here that Sundays are the most stressful days. My first Sunday was pretty chill so I started to doubt him a little but the past couple Sundays have been super stressful haha making sure our investigators have rides and everything, There is a possibility that we can get called on to speak like every week, haha, but it's OK. I prepared a talk so I can relax a little haha.

Well I'm loving California! The people are awesome! My companion and the rest of the people in my district are awesome! I'm going to talk to president and see if I can stay longer than 2 years haha. Just kidding but I love it out here!

Miss and love you all and hope you're all having an awesome week! I know this Church is true!!!!!!!

Elder LaRochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment