Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

"Labor Without Ceasing"

So today is my 2 month mark. It's hard to believe that 2 months ago I was in Colorado getting ready for my mission and now I'm on it!!!! But I have loved these past two months! And I love being in San Diego!!!!

This week has been going great! Last P-Day after E-mails it rained pretty hard for like an hour which is pretty unusual I guess. Elder Nielsen said it's rained like 4 times on his entire mission!!! The rain and wind actually knocked over a bunch of trees and palm leaves and stuff it was pretty crazy. We had to give another set of missionaries a ride to their next appointment because the tops of palm trees were falling on cars and stuff!

In District meeting this past week a sister missionary challenged us to do a positive day. Me and Elder Nielsen did ours on Monday. It was pretty hard but definitely made the day better.

Kinda sad but Richard dropped us this past week so we won't be baptizing him but he said he is going to find the missionaries when he moves to Florida. But our other baptism, Dunia, is scheduled for October 11 and is still going strong!!!!

I don't have a cool food story this week, haha.  No abnormally hot peppers or big burritos. But we did get a bunch of free stuff from Einstein Bagels. One cool thing about my area is that we get free frozen yogurt from Golden Spoon which is pretty nice on those hot days!!!!

This Friday we have Zone Conference!! Im pretty excited. Elder Nielsen said its like 6 hours long though!! But we get to watch a movie apparently (Meet the Mormons) and get taught so I'm way excited!!

This past week me and Elder Nielsen have been focusing on what makes us happy in this gospel.  We have been sharing a message with members and asking them to share something with us that makes them happy. Sunday night we had an amazing experience with this when we went over to Sister Anderson's who is a single lady in the ward.  She invited a counselor from the bishopric and his wife.  It just so happened that they were all converts and they were able to share their conversion stories and tell us what makes them happy about this gospel.  The spirit was so strong. 

We then shared a scripture in Alma 36:24 which is the scripture right after he is visted by an angel and it says:

"24 Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost."

Then we challenged them to remember those things that bring them "exceeding joy" and do as Alma the younger did and labor without ceasing to bring them that joy. 

I know this Church is true and im so thankful for the opportunity I get to serve in San Diego for the next 22 months!!!! 

Well I love you all and pray for you constantly!!! 

Love,

Elder LaRochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment