Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A week of miracles (4/19)

Hey everyone!!! This week has been awesome!

On Wednesday we had an awesome day! We met with one of our investigators named Cordell. His family is from Uganda and he is super cool!

We also took a member named Chuck out with us to see one of our investigators named Hattie. Chuck is pretty awesome! He helps us out a lot and he is returning back into activity.

Later on that day we went on splits with with the young men's president and the Bishop. I went with our bishop and his wife down to Chula Vista to give a potential investigator a blessing that's in the hospital. Elder Godby went with the Schwalgers, a Hawaiian family in the Ward, to see one of our investigators named Lastell. She just recently got here from Hawaii and we street contacted her a couple weeks ago.

When bishop and I got to Chula Vista our potential investigator had already left but we called her and met her at her house and gave her a blessing and we added her. Her name is Catherine and she just moved here from Washington. She was seeing the missionaries in Washington and went to church and stuff up there. She is really cool!

Thursday we had interviews with President Schmitt and later that night we had a meeting with the mission and stake presidency. We also taught Tina she has met with missionaries before but our bishop just recently got back in contact with her so we are starting to teach her again.


Friday I went on exchanges back to Del Cerro! I was with Elder Balderree! He is a pretty cool missionary! Del Cerro has been struggling lately so while I was there we worked pretty hard to get things going for them! While I was there I talked to a guy on the street and he was wearing a cowboy hat and I told him that I liked his hat so he took it off and he gave it too me haha! It was pretty cool!

Saturday we felt inspired to go see this less active lady in the Ward. When we stopped by we asked if the member was there and some older lady told us that the person we were looking for was her mom and she is in an assisted living place. So we started talking to her and she started crying and told us last week her husband died and she was having a pretty hard time with it so we shared a couple scriptures with her and she said we could come back on Monday!

Sunday was AMAZING we went to a mission presidents Fireside in Santee. I was pretty excited because that's the same stake, Bostonia, one of my old areas was in. Since we border Santee we were invited to sing in the choir and while we were practicing the Beitlers walked in!!!! I love the Beitlers I baptized Don while I was there and he later baptized his daughter!  It was so good to see them!! They told me they were bearing their testimonies during the fireside! It was so awesome!!! I love this work!! It's so amazing!


 I think that's it for this week!!

Bye love you all!

Elder LaRochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment