Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

"Another Week at the Office" - Elder Searle (5/17)

Hey sorry I don't know how long my email will be, we went to the temple today and we just got home not to long ago after we went shopping. The work in PQ is kinda slow but it's alright. Elder Searle and I are working hard and getting stuff done!



Elder Searle and I are getting along super well! We are pretty good friends already and teach really well together. The cool thing is that we both like Archery! Accept he used his bow for hunting and I was in competitions and stuff, but it's still pretty cool!

This week was pretty long and busy!

Last Wednesday we had Zone Meeting which went well! I realized that I will only have to teach 2 more Zone Meetings on my mission! Pretty crazy to think about that!

Thursday was pretty awesome! That Morning we got a call from the fleet Coordinator and he told us that since we had a pretty clean driving record we were getting a new car and that our old was going to another set of missionaries in the zone. He told us that we needed to go to the mission office later that day and pick up the car! We still drive a corolla it's just Red instead of Gray and it only had 6 miles on it when we picked it up!

Friday night we accidentally scheduled double dinners one from each Ward. One of the dinners the member invited his neighbor who is Less active and the other dinner was with one of our bishops. After our dinners we were so excited because we were going to take one of our investigators to a baptism! We even had a less active member pick her up to bring her to the baptism! But when we got to the baptism we ended up waiting an hour and half before the branch president told us that the person who was going to be baptized wasn't going to be able to make because of health reasons. So that was a little bit of a bummer but it's all good because at every convert baptism in the mission there is a set of missionaries that teach the restoration, so the sisters taught our investigator and less active member the restoration which was good.

Saturday night we had dinner with our other bishop who is a lawyer and lives in a HUGE house. Elder Searle was telling me that he has his own firm and they working with Donald Trump on something so that's pretty cool. After dinner President Schmitt asked us to go to a food drive with some other missionaries and talk to some nonmembers there. The truck that was supposed to drop off food was super late and so we didn't get a chance to do to much service before we had to go but it was still a good experience.

On Sunday we went to another mission presidents Devotional. This one was in Poway so I saw a bunch of people I knew from Ramona so that was pretty awesome!

Today we went to the temple and when we were there I saw an older guy with a beard and a pony tail that looked really familiar and then I realized who it was. He was Charlotte's  father in law (Charlotte is someone I baptized in Sweetwater). I got a chance to talk to him and he told me that Charlotte is going to the temple prep classes and that her son turned 8 in March and got baptized! It was so amazing to hear that! Hopefully when Charlotte goes through the temple I'll be able to go with her!

Well that's it for this week! Love ya

Elder LaRochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment